Tuesday, June 24, 2014

New Release - Bird of Paradise Sprite

Hi, everyone!  Another new release today!  Two in two days!  When does that ever happen?!?!


Here's the Bird of Paradise Sprite.  Kind of mouthful, so you could call this one "Strelitzia Sprite" instead.  This has got to be one of the most uniquely shaped flowers and certainly unforgettable once you see it.  The shape, the colors, the bird-like impression... it's all magical!

I've designed the Bird of Paradise Sprite with a headdress of the bloom and a matching gown made of leaves and petals.  I think this would be a fun digi for you to color with bright, tropical hues for a summer time card or other craft project.

It is available at my Etsy shop here and at the Aurora Wings digi shop here.  1500 x 2100 pixels at 300 dpi JPG, 5" x 7"/ 12.7 x 17.8 cm approx.   Can you believe Aurora Wings' Sprites Collection now numbers 46 (including the freebie "Dandelion Sprite")?  When I drew my very first sprite, "Woodland Bluebell Sprite", I had no idea I would be making this many, and I still have a long list of flowers, fruits, and vegetables to turn into sprites.

You can see the original fully colored version on my art blog here.  The art blog is where I post my work in progress and loose sketches, if you want to take a peek at what might be coming to the AW shop as digis before they're announced. ^_^


2 comments:

KristyLee said...

Oh how cool is this! One of my favorite flowers is the "Birds of Paradise." My other are Orchids.
Peace,
KristyLee

DonnaMundinger said...

Love, love, LOVE! Have these in my garden. xxD